By Liz Such, Reporter
Cover band 7th Heaven may not literally take its audience to the pearly gates, but experiencing one of their shows can come pretty close.
The band is known all across Illinois as one of the hardest working local bands in the state, averaging a whopping 250 shows a year, most of which are at various summer festivals.
Around since 1985, 7th Heaven plays every genre of music under the sun from Bon Jovi to Kid Rock to Bruno Mars—even Eminem. They can tickle anybody’s ears with their well chosen set list of both original and covered songs.
Every show also includes a segment called “30 Songs in 30 Minutes,” which is just what the title suggests.
By the end, every member of the crowd is waving their hands in the air while lead singer Keith Semple delights the audience with “Hey Jude,” the Beatles’ classic.
One of the best things about seeing 7th Heaven live is that they are a high energy band with a strong stage presence.
The musicians are always doing something, so there is something new to look at every second. Throughout the show, guitarist and singer Nick Cox and another guitarist, Richard Hofherr, throw guitar picks, glow sticks and t-shirts into the crowd of screaming fans.
Cox said that the band wants to create a welcoming atmosphere at its shows.
“7th Heaven is a state of well being,” Cox said. “As we play, we like to have everybody leave with an overwhelming feeling of happiness.”
This love of fans is evident, beccause after the show, every member comes out to sign autographs, take pictures or just chat with some of the fans.
Come and enjoy the sound of 7th Heaven at many of this year’s summer festivals, such as Geneva Swedish Days on June 22.
Follow the band to other local shows by checking their web site, 7thheavenband.com. New dates are added regularly.
- “This Summer’s Gonna Last Forever,” 7th Heaven
- “Lightning,” The Wanted
- “Young Wild & Free,” Snoop Dogg & Wiz Khalifa
- “Sorry for Party Rockin,” LMFAO
- “Sunlight,” Modestep
- “Some Nights,” Fun
- “Shake It Out,” Florence and the Machine
- “Deer in the Headlights,” Owl City
- “Everybody Talks,” Neon Trees
- “Last Night (Vegas),” Breathe Carolina
- “Call Me Maybe,” Carly Rae Jepsen
- “Give Me All Your Lovin’ (Party Rock Remix),” Madonna
- “Somebody that I Used to Know,” Gotye
- “Life is a Highway,” Rascal Flatts
- “Paradise,” Coldplay
- “Livin’ on a Prayer,” Bon Jovi
- “Simplistic Trance-Like Getaway,” Never Shout Never
- “Even if it Breaks Your Heart,” Eli Young Band
- “Highway to Hell,” AC/DC
- “Wild Ones,” Flo Rida feat. Sia
AT THE BEACH
- “What Makes You Beautiful,” One Direction
- “Brighter than the Sun,” Colbie Caillet
- “Starships,” Nicki Minaj
- “I Feel Like Dancing,” All time low
- “Friday is Forever,” We The Kings
- “Glad You Came,” The Wanted
- “We are Young,” Fun
- “Skin and Bones,” Romance on a Rocketship
- “Blackout,” Breathe Carolina
- “Last Night,” Good Charlotte
–Felicia Steik, reporter