November 16, 2011
A message from the KMS - PTO:
Thank you for all of your support of our PTO-sponsored events and fundraisers. We've had a fabulous fall! Our fundraisers have been a success. We hope to continue this momentum so that we may purchase additional items for our students and teachers.
Our next PTO meeting is this Thursday, November 17 at 6:30 p.m.
1. Manna orders are due Monday, November 14. Purchase a gift card or two for your holiday shopping and save yourself a trip to the crowded mall!
2. Butter Braids will be delivered to the school on Thursday, November 17th. If you have a large order to pick up, please let us know so that we can make arrangements to store your Butter Braids in the freezer. Students who earned a free ticket will find theirs stapled to their Butter Braid order forms. Congratulations to Jack G. (7th grade) who sold the most Butter Braids. Jack sold 40 and will receive a $25 gift card of his choice through Manna.
3. Thank you to all who donated food, made a cash donation or donated their time to the Teacher Conference Dinner. It was delicious success! The teachers had enough food for days and enjoyed every last bite! Thank you to Anne Shaw and Colleen Weiberg for running the Hospitality Committee this year.
4. Box Tops - Wow!!! Our first quarter profit is $2,276! Mr. Wickness' class has regained the lead with Mrs. Schertzer's class in second place. Mrs. Reeder's class is in third. New incentive for Box Tops: any student who turns in a bag containing 25 or more Box Tops will receive a "Skip to the Front of the Lunch Line" ticket!
5. Market Day - don't forget that the PTO sponsors Market Day as a service to the community. If you'd prefer to receive a paper order form, please let us know and we'll send one to you.
6. Kaneland Bags - still availalble for $10 each. Let us know if you're interested in purchasing a bag. Show your school spirit and carrying your gym clothes in a Kaneland bag!
7. The fall play is Friday, November 18 and Saturday, November 19 at 7:00 p.m. The PTO will have a concession table with snacks and beverages. Proceeds from the sale with be split with the drama department.
The fall play, "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon" is coming up this weekend!
The fairy tales of the Brothers Grimm are turned on their heads in this fast-paced, rollicking ride as two narrators and several actors attempt to combine all 209 stories ranging from classics like Snow White, Cinderella, and Hansel and Gretel to more bizarre, obscure stories like The Devil's Grandmother and The Girl Without Hands. This wild, free-form comedy with lots of audience participation and madcap fun is sure to please an audience of all ages.
Friday, November 18, 2011 ? 7:00 PM
Saturday, November 19, 2011 ? 7:00 PM
Students - $2.00 Adults - $4.00