November 14, 2011
Wrestling vs. Oswego Bednarcik @ home - 4:15pm
Boys Basketball vs. Batavia -
7A & 8A @ Kaneland High School - 4:15pm
Any 7th or 8th Grade Girls interested in trying out for basketball should sign-up during PE class on Friday, November 11. Tryouts are scheduled for the week before winter break. An information sheet will be available at the time of signup. A current physical and insurance waiver will be required for an athlete to tryout. If an athlete misses the signup in PE class, they should see Mr. Huels or Ms. Frankel.
Any fall athlete who has not received a participation certificate should see Mr. Huels. Also, any equipment or uniforms should have been turned into your coaches by this time.
A message from the KMS - PTO:
Thank you for all of your support of our PTO-sponsored events and fundraisers. We've had a fabulous fall! Our fundraisers have been a success. We hope to continue this momentum so that we may purchase additional items for our students and teachers.
Our next PTO meeting is this Thursday, November 17 at 6:30 p.m.
1. Manna orders are due Monday, November 14. Purchase a gift card or two for your holiday shopping and save yourself a trip to the crowded mall!
2. Butter Braids will be delivered to the school on Thursday, November 17th. If you have a large order to pick up, please let us know so that we can make arrangements to store your Butter Braids in the freezer. Students who earned a free ticket will find theirs stapled to their Butter Braid order forms. Congratulations to Jack G. (7th grade) who sold the most Butter Braids. Jack sold 40 and will receive a $25 gift card of his choice through Manna.
3. Thank you to all who donated food, made a cash donation or donated their time to the Teacher Conference Dinner. It was delicious success! The teachers had enough food for days and enjoyed every last bite! Thank you to Anne Shaw and Colleen Weiberg for running the Hospitality Committee this year.
4. Box Tops - Wow!!! Our first quarter profit is $2,276! Mr. Wickness' class has regained the lead with Mrs. Schertzer's class in second place. Mrs. Reeder's class is in third. New incentive for Box Tops: any student who turns in a bag containing 25 or more Box Tops will receive a "Skip to the Front of the Lunch Line" ticket!
5. Market Day - don't forget that the PTO sponsors Market Day as a service to the community. If you'd prefer to receive a paper order form, please let us know and we'll send one to you.
6. Kaneland Bags - still availalble for $10 each. Let us know if you're interested in purchasing a bag. Show your school spirit and carrying your gym clothes in a Kaneland bag!
7. The fall play is Friday, November 18 and Saturday, November 19 at 7:00 p.m. The PTO will have a concession table with snacks and beverages. Proceeds from the sale with be split with the drama department.